Primer Level Tiny Books To Do List
You will need five things to complete this to do list:
- The eleven Primer Level Tiny Books
- A small notebook
- One piece of staff paper
- One piece of 8-1/2″ x 11″ blank paper.
- A very sharp #2 pencil with a good eraser
- “Practice Singing the Music Alphabet in Three Different Ways”
Practice Out Loud:
- Sing the music alphabet the three different ways out loud, with your own voice in any place you happen to be. Practice until you can sing it from memory and without hesitation.
- Boethius and His 14 Notes
- Boethius’ Funky Friends
- Guido Invents the Staff & the Beginning of Solfege at the Same Time
- How to Draw the G & F Clefs on the Staff
- How to Draw the Grand Staff & Name All the Lines & Spaces
In your small notebook:
- Write Boethius’ 14 notes
- Answer the question: “Why were Boethius’ friends funky?”
- Draw Guido’s staff
- Draw a staff with five G clefs in a row
- Draw a staff with five F clefs in a row
- Draw a grand staff and label all the lines and spaces
- How to Draw the Five Kinds of Notes on the Staff
- How to Draw the Five Kinds of Rests
- How to Draw Sharps on the Staff
- How to Draw Flats on the Staff
On your staff paper:
- Draw the 5 kinds of notes three times.
- Draw the 5 kinds of rests three times.
- Draw two space sharps and two line sharps.
- Draw two space flats and two line flats.
- How to Draw a Piano Keyboard
On the 8-1/2″ x 11″ piece of paper:
- Draw a piano keyboard as shown
- Three-hole punch and put in “Tool Kit” section of your binder
Practice note identification: